Thursday, March 3, 2011

Checking calves!!

  This is Rhett winking at me. lol Every morning we go down to the calving pasture, about a mile away, and check our cows to see if they had any new babies during the night. It's a lot of fun!!
  Bookworm. He read nearly the whole time! Usually he and the other ones roll around and play games, but not today.
  This is Ronan with his "baby duck." :)
  Some of the cows drinking out of the pond.
 Wide open prairie. I just love Kansas!! That is our shop to the far right on the horizon. So we aren't very far away. :)

4 comments:

Junior Josie said...

I love Kansas too! It's the best state ever! =)

Katie said...

Maine is still better...although I almost killed myself trying to walk across the icy driveway yesterday, lol. I wish I lived on a ranch!

Riley S. said...

Kansas rules! :) Not too hot, not too cold (well a little but compared to Maine. . .), and lots of open spaces! See why I don't wanna live in Maine? I probably wouldn't even live a week up there! ;) lol

Junior Josie said...

I would probably die of claustrophobia if I lived somewhere that was full of trees or mountains or whatnot! Yikes. You know, people always complain about Kansas being flat(which isn't completely true), but who ever said that flat was bad and hills/mountains were good??