Thursday, April 21, 2011

Track Meet

 So I had a track meet today and I just thought I'd tell you about it. There were four teams there and it was about 3 hours long. My first event was my only field event, long jump. I had three attempts. The first one I jumped 11' even (my personal record), the second I scratched ( first time in my life), and the third I jumped 10' 5.5". So I tied my PR. (personal record). Not a bad day. But the guy in #1 place jumped like 17'.

My two running events are the 100m and 200m dashes. I signed up for the 4x200 instead of the open 200m because I have a better chance of getting a ribbon. The 4x200 is a relay with 4 runners, each running 200m, for those who don't know much about track. Anyway, my 4x200 team placed 3rd out of 4 so I'll get a ribbon! :D

My final event I'll tell you about (I only had three), is the 100m dash. I ran it in 15.82 seconds at my last track meet and today I ran it in 15.96. Both are better than last year's PR of 16.20 seconds. Which is cool but I wanted to beat it again. Oh well. :) God has blessed me with a little bit of athletic ability but I still wanna thank Him for it. He's awesome.

No comments: